Here is a list of 19 things I have learned as I come up on my 19th birthday!
(in no particular order)
- Eat that dessert.. you know you want it
- The people that only stick around when it benefits them are the people you just need to let go of
- Don’t deal with petty drama
- Stop caring about what everyone thinks of you.. (wear crocs.. they’re comfy)
- Live every moment like it’s your last (cliché I know.. but it makes everything more fun)
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone
- You don’t have to win every argument (I still struggle with this one)
- Sometimes you just need a good cry to make you feel better about something weighing you down
- Stop comparing yourself to other people
- Anger is a choice, when you get angry you make small problems bigger (-Chris Bowers)
- Life is now. Stop waiting for amazing things to happen and make them happen
- Failure is okay. It’s part of experiences and shows that you tried and took action
- Be kind. You never know whose day you can impact
- Stop stressing about the little things because odds are they won’t matter soon enough
- Change is good. Don’t be scared to take a leap, sometimes it can change your whole life
- Embrace differences. Not everyone is going to agree with you 100% of the time
- Perfection is unattainable.
- Serving others will change your life.
- DO WHAT YOU WANT!
There’s probably some I’m forgetting, but there’s always 20 at 20